Saturday, November 29, 2008

Turkey Day!

Check out this 32 pound turkey that my Mom roasted to perfection!  It was the largest turkey I have ever seen - and the most delicious!  Mom and I hosted Thanksgiving as a team this year.  She did most of the cooking and I did the tables and serving at my house.  It worked out great. We had 21 guests from my Dad's side of the family. It was a wonderful day...we have so very much to be Thankful for!  
This is my Mom, Polly, Jesse, and Tom.  They (Polly, Jesse, and Tom) drove clear from Santa Fe, New Mexico to spend Thanksgiving.  Tom had the honors of carving the huge bird!
The "drum stick" off the turkey was enormous!  Have you ever seen a turkey leg so large?  We had some fun taking pictures of this leg.  See the next few pictures below...
Go Maddie - eat that thing!
Here my Aunt Joanne is beating my Aunt Joyce with the drum stick - what love! Or better yet, what a crazy family!
The Thanksgiving table...
It was so fun to have everyone here-  what a great family!
My Dad called this "The Dork Table."  It consisted of myself, Andy, and our kids along with a few others.  Isn't he funny....
Breaking the Wishbone!  Alex ended up with the biggest piece-
Polly, my Dad, and Andy - enjoying the conversation after dinner.
My Dad's sisters, Joyce and Joanne.  Joyce drove from California to be with us.
Grant and Hayley - always a pleasure to have as company  
Mom, Lindsay, Wyatt, and Riley.  
Jesse, Tom, and Polly--- 
The day ended with pumpkin pie and Holiday wassail.  It was a lot of work preparing for the big day, but it was well worth it!  I'm happy to do the decorating and hosting as long as someone else cooks the TURKEY!  Well, maybe it would be a good idea for me to learn sometime.  I can't avoid it forever.  

5 comments:

hayleyrowan said...

cute pictures. thanks for eveything. we had such a great time. your house is adorable and the table settings were perfect. i can relate i'd rather do the decorating than cooking any day! thanks again.

Billie k said...

Your tables looked so cute! I am glad that you had such a great Thanksgiving. Family really makes the work worth it!

Andria said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving!! Your tables look amazing!! It looks like you were an amazing host!! Congrats!

Annie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time--your house looks beautiful-great pictures, I feel like I was there!

Ryan, Ronni, Chrissy, Ryne and Conner. said...

Hey,
We are trying to create a master address and e-mail list so we can better stay in touch with everyone. If it would be okay can you e-mail us your address and e-mail. We really would appreciate it.
Thanks
Ryan and Ronni.

ryannelson@embarqmail.com