Friday, March 23, 2012

Crazy Sox = Madison Cox

"VOTE FOR THE GIRL WITH CRAZY SOX, HER NAME IS MADISON COX!"
Madison came home from school on Monday and told me she signed up to run for a 7th grade class officer.  
She made the Primary Elections on Tuesday along with 8 other kids.  
She then started her campaign.  
These are the two posters that she created to hang in the hall at school. 
We also created stickers to pass out to peers to wear.


She also wore crazy socks all week since that was her slogan.  


Today (Friday) she had to perform a skit in front of the 6th grade.  If you know Maddie, you know this kind of thing is very nerve racking for her!
Here are a few of the candidates waiting their turn.....she was sooooo nervous!

Her and I put together the skit.  It involved lots of her friends.  Each of these kids were asked what qualities they wanted in a class officer.



For example:  One person said,  "I feel like a class officer needs to be bouncing with energy!"
So.... here came Maddie on a pogo stick.



Another said, "I think a class officer needs to be willing to flip over backwards for our class!"
So... Madison came out and did a backhand spring.  (This is her landing)



Another:  "A class officer needs to have confidence and "walk tall"
So..... Madison came out on stilts!



Another quality that was said, "A class officer should be a good leader."
So...Madison led some friends in the Macarena!

That was just a few of the qualities that were mentioned.  Sorry the picture quality is so poor.  At least you get the idea!


The last quality mentioned was, "I feel a class officer should not be afraid to BE DIFFERENT!"
So.... Madison ran out, lifted up her pant legs to reveal two different socks and yelled, "That's me!"

Then all skit participants ran out onto the stage, lifted up their pant leg to show their crazy socks and yelled,
"VOTE FOR THE GIRL WITH THE CRAZY SOCKS, HER NAME IS MADISON COX!"

I was so proud of Madison for doing this.  She stepped way outside her comfort zone!
But, it paid off....She won Vice President for the upcoming year in 7th grade!
Her hard work and effort paid off!  She is a fun kid!
(I did video it.  I am just having technical difficulties getting it loaded on my computer.  Maybe I will keep trying and post the video another time.  I thought family members may want to see it,  it is pretty cute!)

1 comment:

ThE KaRl CoX FaMiLy said...

You two are so creative. Way to go Maddie!!!